Friday, March 6, 2009

McDonalds

In a previous post...

I think the whole no refund, all sales are final policy for a McDonalds is pretty ridiculous. I guess it's pretty complicated pressing those cash register buttons with the little pictures on them (I kid.)


Hey! I'd like to point out that cash registers are deceptively harder to use than they seem. Especially when you work at a fast food restaurant where there are no easy bar codes to scan. Trust me. I used to man a cash register, and it is VERY annoying when a customer decides to change his order halfway through. Plus, if the employee makes a mistake on the register, the $$ recorded won't match the actual amount at closing, and guess who has to pay for the difference.

My coworker has a friend who worked at McDonalds, and he says that to input an order, you literally have to construct the burger. Add patties, buns, etc. Fun stuff.

Why would a fast food place allow refunds in the first place? It would overly complicate the process, and you'd need a whole other cash register to be able to handle that. There isn't even a barcode for the machine to scan. Should they ask for your zip code too? Not even restaurants have a refund policy. You can just usually ask for another meal for the same price, or some other form of exchange. That's because it's too complicated on counting the money after closing, if one allows refunds with such an easily consumable good.

Anyway, I don't know why I even made this post. I guess I just got kind of worked up over the fact that someone thought cash registers have little pictures on them. Admittedly, having a picture of every item would be pretty cool and about a hundred times easier.

Knowing Mickey D's menu however, that would mean a freakin' enormous cash register.

1 comment:

Calvin Lee said...

i hate working cash registers